2015 has been one crazy and awesome year, and I can’t believe it’s over. Seriously, time pass way too quickly. Anyway, I’m pleased to take part in the End of Year Book Survey 2015, created by Jamie from Perpetual Page Turner . I’ll put the link to the original survey below. Without further ado, let’s begin the survey!
Number Of Books You Read: 80
Number of Re-Reads: 15
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Definitely THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
A Court Of Thron and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
ALICE by Christina Henry
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
That would be FROST by Erin Latimer
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Started: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Sequel: The Rose Society by Marie Lu
Ender: Winter by Marissa Meyer
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
This is hard, but I’m going with Erin Latimer.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
That would be DRAIN ME by Lana Sky. I don’t usually read New Adult vampire books, but that book is awesome.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Rose Society by Marie Lu
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The False Princess by Eilis O’Neal
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Heir by Kiera Cass. I didn’t enjoy the book, but the cover is really gorgeous.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Adeline Amouteru from THE YOUNG ELITES series by Marie Lu. She’s a unique character. (Villains as the protagonist? Yep!)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I’m going with THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu (AGAIN!).
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J.Maas.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
Be true to youself. But that’s something everyone says and no one means it. No one wants you to be youself. They want you to be the version of yourself that they like.
-The Young Elites
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: The Queen by Kiera Cass
Longest: A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Konstantin Black and Bryn Aven from THE KANIN CHRONICLES by Amanda Hocking. Haven’t thought of their ship name yet (if there’s one I didn’t know).
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Rhys and Wendy from the TRYLLE TRILOGY by Amanda Hocking.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
CINDER by Marissa Meyer.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
None. I don’t usually crush on fictional character, to be honest.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Sea Witch by S. J. Valfroy
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard. I didn’t enjoy the book, but I love the world building.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Frost by Erin Latimer.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. The ending wasn’t tragic, but it was bittersweet.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
KITSUNE by Nicolette Andrews
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
PRETTY PERFECT by Lana Sky
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Again, it’s THE ROSE SOCIETY.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This is a tough question. I think the book that made me rage most was the Rose Society by Marie Lu. (You’ve to check that book out)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Definitely Book Owly.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The semi-ranty review of FROSTFIRE by Amanda Hocking.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
On whitewashing characters
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The FROST Release Day Party hosted by the wonderful MALICE Authors.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
It’s Thanksgiving Day and I got a bunch of books from my friend. Thanks!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
School life took away most of my reading/blogging time, but I try to fit reading/blogging in my tight schedule.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
THE YOUNG ELITES book review
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My first book review on this blog.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
GOODREADS. I’ve never heard of Goodreads until June 2015. (Not joking)
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Never thought I would complete my 2015 reading goal of 50 books. (But I did! It’s a miracle)
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The untitled sequel to The Rose Society by Marie Lu.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
EVER THE HUNTED by Erin Summerill
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Silver Sword, sequel to the Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Read and review about 55 books.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
So that’s my answers to the End of Year Book Survey 2015! If you are interested in doing the survey, click here.